- There are no Doctor’s practices in Aston Cantlow, or in any of the immediately surrounding villages. The nearest doctors surgeries are:
- Henley-in-Arden Medical Centre on Prince Harry Road, Henley-in-Arden. Tel 01564 793333
- Priory Road Health Centre in Alcester at Prior Road in Alcester Tel 01789 763060
- Arrow Lodge Medical Centre in Kinwarton Road. Tel 01789 763 293
- There are also several in Stratford upon Avon, ranging from small friendly surgeries to larger Medical Centre style practices, which may be more convenient if you need to rely on public transport. If you are a new resident to Aston Cantlow you should contact Stratford District Council and they will provide you with a list of practices that are able to take on new patients, click here for details of Doctors surgeries and Dentists located in Stratford upon Avon.
- Vets are listed under local businesses. Click here to go to that page
- The nearest Pharmacies are Dudley Taylor at 135 High Street, Henley-in-Arden, and Lloyds at 51-53 High Street, Alcester. Stratford upon Avon has several including Boots on the Maybird centre and on Bridge Street, in-house pharmacies in Tesco and Morrisons supermarkets and Lloyds by the market square.
- Dentists – NHS/private
- Click here for a list of dentists in Stratford upon Avon.
- Hospitals and Hospices
- The nearest 24 hour A & E Hospital to Aston Cantlow is Warwick Hospital click here.
- There is a small minor injuries community Hospital in Stratford upon Avon, but this is NOT a A & E Hospital and does not provide a 24 hour service click here for details.
- The Shakespeare Hospice provides end of life and supportive care to people in the area and is one of the supported charities in the village.
- Registering a death
- A death must be registered in the district where it occurred within 5 days of the event. A list of Warwickshire offices where this can be done is at this link. There is a new service called “Tell Us Once” which will pass the information to most of the relevant government departments.
- Acupuncture is available from Nicki Chatterton who practices at Warwick Acupuncture
- Age UK Warwickshire
- Age UK Warwickshire assists older people to enjoy independent living as long as possible, by identifying and offering practical solutions to many of the concerns associated with ageing. Click here on Age UK Warwickshire for more details of your local support group or here to open the Age UK national web page.
- Health advice
- NHS Direct can be contacted on their website or by phone on 0845 4647 for non emergency medical advice about symptoms and treatments
- Kissing It Better is a locally supported website that gives acess to good ideas for patients, carers and health workers
Advice to support your health, wealth, housing & wellbeing
The District council have links to lots of services related to health, financial worries and housing. Click on this link: districtcounciladvice2020) for more details
- There are several opticians located in Stratford upon Avon click here and in Alcester.
- Munslow – 8 Rose Avenue, Henley-in-Arden, West Midlands B95 5JR. Tel 01564 794884
- Colin Russell – 13 Castle Close, Henley-in-Arden, West Midlands B95 5LR. Tel 01564 792749
- Emergency services Dial 112 or 999 (UK only).
- Important information for visitors not resident in the United Kingdom. All visitors that are citizens of the European Union should have in their possession the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This should be presented when medical and dental assistance is required, as this will ensure that you are treated in exactly the same way as UK residents, generally free except for prescription charges which may be applicable (except children under 18 and pensioners, although some other chronic illnesses are also exempt). The European Emergency number 112 operates throughout the United Kingdom,as indeed it does throughout the European Union, in addition to the UK only 999, they link to the same service.
- Policing in Aston Cantlow is provided by the Stratford District Division of Warwickshire Police click here for more details.
- Aston Cantlow is covered by the Alcester South safer neighbourhood Team – more details here: Alcester neighbourhood police team. They also publish a monthly newsletter available here which says what to watch out for, and what progress is being made in tackling local crimes.
- The principal Police Station for Aston Cantlow and Stratford District, is Stratford upon Avon click here located in Rother Street. This station has a manned front desk 7 days a week from 08:00 to 20:00. Tel 01789 414 111.
- The nearest police stations to Aston Cantlow are :
- Alcester Police Station, Priory Road, Alcester click here – The front desk is manned Monday to Friday from 09:00 – 17:00 Tel 01789 762 207
- Henley In Arden Police Station, 62 High Street, Henley-in-Arden, click here There are NO front desk facilities at this station refer to Stratford or Alcester. Tel 01564 792 691
- Leamington Spa Police Station in Newbold Terrace click here, provides a manned front desk service from 08:00 – 24:00 seven days a week. Tel 01926 451 111.
Warwickshire Fire and Rescue service click here, provide Fire Brigade cover for Aston Cantlow. The nearest whole time Fire Station to Aston Cantlow is Stratford upon Avon click here, located in Masons Road Tel 01789 293 271.
Ambulance & air ambulance
NHS Ambulance service for Aston Cantlow is provided by the regional West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Coventry & Warwickshire Division. Stratford upon Avon Ambulance Station in Masons Road provides cover for Aston Cantlow.
Air Ambulance cover for Aston Cantlow is provided by the Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance Service click here. It is the sole provider of a HEMS (Helicopter Emergency Medical Service) to the counties of Warwickshire, Northamptonshire and the Milton Keynes area. The service relies entirely on donations and is considered amongst the very best in the UK. Please support your Air Ambulance service – WNAA Tel 0845 130 999.
- St John Ambulance
- The St John Ambulance brigade provide first aid and life saving medical support to events. The Warwickshire branch are based at Stoneleigh and can be contacted by phone on 024 7669 6521