The local service bus that comes through Aston Cantlow to Stratford upon Avon is number 229. It picks up on Bearley Road outside the Aston Cantlow Club in the morning and goes to Stratford via Wilmcote. In the afternoon it picks up on the opposite side of the road (the Kings Head side) going in the other direction, and goes to Stratford via Bearley and Snitterfield. Not all buses follow the same route and so if you want one of the intermediate stops please refer to the full timetable via the link at the bottom of the summary.
Note: items in bold just operate Saturdays & School Holidays
- Aston Cantlow 08:05 10:10 12:02 14:02 16:27 17:44 18:44
- Stratford Town Centre 08:35 10:25 12:25 14:25 16:50 18:07 19:07
Note – Times below are for pick up at Bridge Street – Most are outside Macdonalds except the 09:47 which picks up on the opposite side of the road outside BHS. All buses also pick up at Wood Street 2 minutes later than the Bridge Street times except for the 09:47 which is 2 minutes earlier than Bridge Street as it is going the other way.
- Stratford Bridge St 09:47 11:45 13:45 16:10 17:20 18:20
- Aston Cantlow 10:10 12:02 14:02 16:27 17:44 18:44
A full timetable for this service can be accessed with this link:BusTimesNo229June2015
This service will be operated by Diamond Buses
X20 Stratford to Birmingham and X50 Chipping Campden buses
- Changes to Johnsons Coaches X20 bus service from Sunday 2nd September 2018
- Johnsons Coaches have taken the commercial decision to cut back the X20 Monday to Saturday Bus service to operate between Stratford and Shirley only. It currently operates to the centre of Birmingham. The Sunday service will be unchanged although the whole service from Birmingham via Stratford to Chipping Norton (for connections to Oxford on service S3) will be renumbered X50 to promote through travel. These changes are effective from Sunday 2nd September 2018.
- Further information available from Johnsons Coaches on 01564 797000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nearest bus stops for the X20 are Wootton Wawen and outside the Three Tuns in Henley-in-Arden
All Johnsons bus timetables are available at this link here
UBUS is a is a ring and ride community transport service operating within Stratford District for people of any age, wherever they are in the district, who are stuck for transport between 9:30am – 2:30pm, Monday to Friday.
The UBUS service is for you if you struggle to access public transport due to mobility issues or other health problems, or you live in an isolated location with no, or infrequent, public transport.
UBUS can be used to visit friends, attend social groups, leisure activities or go shopping. It cannot be used to attend medical appointments.
UBUS vehicles are fitted with low-floor steps or tail-lifts to ensure everyone can access them.
A single journey costs £2.10, £2.70 or £3.40 depending where you live in the district. Return journeys are £4.20, £5.40 or £6.80. Residents living in an Orbit property are eligible for a £0.60 discount on their journey.
Once registered with the service, you can book journeys between 9.30am and 2.30pm, Monday to Friday by quoting your membership number. Journeys can be booked seven days in advance. The earlier you book the more likely you will be able travel at your preferred time.
UBUS provides transport in different parts of the district on specific days.
- West of Stratford – Operates on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- East of Stratford – Operates on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays
- South of Stratford – Operates on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
- Stratford Town – Operates on Mondays to Fridays
- Southam & Surrounding area – Operates on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays
To register or for more information please contact 01789 264491, or follow this link to their poster ubus
For further information contact Marie Darwen at Stratford District Council on 01789 260 108.
UBUS is supported by Stratford District Council, Warwickshire County Council and Stratford Town Trust